Acne, otherwise known as “pimples” is a skin problem virtually everyone encounters, especially those with oily skin, but best believe there’s always a hack.
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. It often causes whiteheads, blackheads or pimples, and usually appears on the face, forehead, chest, upper back and shoulders. Acne is most common among teenagers, though it affects people of all ages.Dec 27, 2018
If you’re on the table of those who have oily skin, I’ll recommend this tips in order for you to clear or minimise your breakouts.
- Avoid Oily products but Moisturize. The importance of moisturizing the skin can never be over emphasised, our skin needs moisture, irrespective of our skin types (dry, oily, combination,normal) So, if you’re experiencing acne, try to avoid really thick or heavy products. For some people, this could be the only hack they need.
- FACE MASK. This helps in getting rid of excess oil from the skin, reduces the appearance of the pores on your face and also hydrates the skin. This will help to pull out impurities.
- Hygiene. This is key, always keep your beddings, towels, make-up brushes etc clean. wash your face at least twice daily. Avoid products that drys out your skin (high in sulphate products).
- Avoid picking, popping or constantly touching the pimple. The germs on your hands will worsen the acne you’re constantly touching. Acne Scar could result from these. Dark spots could fade off but Keloids, Hypertrophic and Atrophic scars may not go so easily or at all.
- Visit a Doctor. Acne normally comes and goes with or without using products, but if it does get very bad you could see a doctor(Dermatologist). There could be other reasons why you’re experiencing really bad acne such as Hormonal Imbalance etc
HINT: You should also check the cosmetic products you use, you could discover that you’re allergic to some particular ingredients used in making the product.